A Blog to Keep the Lizards Away. It's about posting and sharing the things I'm into. Hope you enjoy the show!

Sunday 14 August 2011

57 Chevy Dreams

1957 Chevrolet Bel Air

Like most people I have always admired Hot Rods and Custom Cars from afar but never really had the chance to get in one. That all changed when a friend of mine introduced me to his new toy. Now I'm really hooked. I guess I was expecting a beast that shaked, rattled and rolled. Lot's of excitement but very unpredictable to drive. I could not have been more wrong.

 Big Bore Block. 600hp. A slight improvement from the 283hp factory original.


Sure this beauty is incredibly powerful. It's also tight, stops on a dime and sits flat going around corners. I don't recommend you try this at home but there are an incredible array of kit parts available ex U.S. to turn the most meek and mild sedan into Mr Hyde. That is if you have the $$$ to spend. I can't tell you what happened when we let this Chevy out, but I promise it was worth every cent!

The 1957 Chev Bel Air is among the most recognisable American cars of all time.

No comments:

Post a Comment